The Oxford owl website has lots of help video clips which explain terminology and resources to support your child at home.
An interactive phonics website with games for KS1.
The Literacy Trust
The Literacy Trust gives practical advice on how to enjoy reading at home as a family.
Example Reading Questions
Question examples to use when you are reading with your child at home.
- Stage Coach - Stage Coach drama group based in Kingston and Surbiton.
- Cartoon Museum - Visit the Cartoon Museum in London to find how pictures can tell amazing stories.
- Children’s Bookshops - Take a walking tour around London to visit the best children’s bookshops.
- Visit Hook Library to choose books based on your child's topic.
- Buy mini notepads and have them by the phone to take messages and on the fridge to create lists.
- Have a large chalk or dry wipe board in your home and a variety of writing tools to encourage your child to practise their handwriting, letter and number formation. Leave messages for your child and encourage them to leave messages for you.