The daily act of Collective Worship is a legal requirement in all schools. In church schools this is Christian worship and reflects the traditions of the Church of England.
Pupils and teachers at St Paul's value the special dimension worship that brings to church school life.
Collective Worship at St Paul’s is an opportunity for the whole school to come together and reflect, express praise, share Christian values, celebrate special times throughout the year and foster respect and unity through spiritual awareness.
We begin each day with our collective worship, as a chance to come together as a whole school and set the tone for a productive and focused day ahead.
Collective Worship Weekly Structure
- Monday: worship focused on 'A Champion for....' one of our positive learning behaviours.
- Tuesday: worship focused on 'What is Happening in the World This Week?'
- Wednesday: worship led by our vicar.
- Thursday: worship through song, learning new songs and practising songs used during worship.
- Friday: Values and Celebration collective worship. We reflect on the value for this half-term and deeping our understanding of what this means and how we demonstarte this. We also celebrate team points winners and share awards and talents seen both in and outside of school.
Weekly Worship Round Up
Please see our new 'Weekly Worship Round Up'. This has been created to give an overview of the themes that we are exploring in worship each week and to share some of the resources that we have been using with the children too. It will be circulated on Fridays, and uploaded to the website, so that parents can use this to support conversations at home.
- 10th June 2022
- 11th February 2022
- 11th July 2022
- 16 May 2022
- 17th June 2022
- 18th March 2022
- 19th April 2022
- 1st April 2022
- 21st January 2022
- 23rd May 2022
- 25th April 2022
- 25th February 2022
- 25th March 2022
- 27th June 2022
- 28th January 2022
- 2nd May 2022
- 4th February 2022
- 4th March 2022
- 8th July 2022
- 9th May 2022
- Collective worship Ukraine 1 3 22
Other Contributors to Collective Worship
We have regular Collective Worships led by INSIGHT who also support with our delivery of RE throughout the year.
We also welcome other visitors, such as Kingston Peace Council and members of other faiths to lead Collective Worship during the year too.
Pupils are also given the opportunity to be involved in planning and delivering collective worship for their peers.
Sharing Collective Worship with the Whole Community
In summer 2021, we plan to welcome parents and other members of the local community to share in one of our weekly acts of collective worship to strengthen these relationships further.
Check the noticeboard on the website for further information about these opportunities.